Benefits For You
- To be directly involved in shaping the Community’s direction of travel;
- The opportunity to become a Charity Trustee by getting elected as a Council member;
- To have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others;
- To feel valued and part of a team by taking part in various Community activities;
- To gain new skills, knowledge and experience through volunteering work; and
- To meet new people, make new friends, and get to know the local community.
Benefits For The Community
- There is strength in numbers – the more the members the stronger the Community’s voice and ability to deliver services for common benefit;
- The minimal membership cost is a substantial financial contribution to the Community’s income, which in turn helps the organisation sustain its activities; and
- The richer the member base, the more opportunities for networking and fellowship amongst the members.
Becoming a Member or Subscribing to HCE’s News
Subject to the requirements for membership as defined within HCE’s Constitution, you can become an HCE member by completing the form below. Please note, you must be over 18 years of age and live in Edinburgh or its surrounding areas.
If you do not wish to become an HCE member, but still wish to be informed of its events and news, please do choose the relevant option from the form below.
The Council will review your application and will inform you accordingly so you can pay your membership fee. The membership fee is £10 for each calendar year. The annual membership fee for students or the unemployed is £5.
Please note that you may request to be exempted from paying the annual membership fee, if you cannot afford it due tο financial hardship.
Annual Membership Fee Payment Methods
- Via bank transfer – Bank of Scotland, Account Name: Hellenic Community of Edinburgh, Sort Code: 80-22-60, Account no: 13020563
- Via bank cheque – please contact the Treasurer at [email protected]
- Via paypal – paypal account: [email protected]
- Via SMS – text 10HCEMEMBER to 70085 or text 5HCEMEMBER to 70085 (student or unemployed membership)
Texts to 10HCEMEMBER cost £10 plus one standard rate message and you’ll be opting in to hear more about our work and fundraising via telephone and SMS. If you’d like to give £10 but do not wish to receive marketing communications, text 10HCEMEMBERNOINFO to 70085.
Texts to 5HCEMEMBER cost £5 plus one standard rate message and you’ll be opting in to hear more about our work and fundraising via telephone and SMS. If you’d like to give £5 but do not wish to receive marketing communications, text 5HCEMEMBERNOINFO to 70085.